Health & Safety
Danny Sullivan Group is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the company’s employees and of those people who may be affected by our activities, including members of the public.
High standards of health and safety management, and a good record of safety performance do not happen by accident, but as a result of constant vigilance, commitment throughout the company and a disciplined and rigorous approach to all that we do, we will aim to secure continuous improvement in health and safety management by:
- Developing a culture which says “if it is not safe – don’t do it”. No-one is expected to work unsafely, and any member of staff will have our personal support for refusing to work when it is unsafe to do so.
- Leading a culture in which none of us accept unsafe acts or conditions, in an open environment where employees feel free to raise concerns without fear of retribution.
- The reduction of risks to a level which is as low as reasonably practicable.
- Developing mechanisms to reduce, as far as reasonably practicable, all risks of fatality and personal injury, occupational and industrial ill-health, fire, and damage to property and the environment by complying with all relevant legislation and industry standards and to strive for continual improvement in occupational health & safety.
- Ensuring the security of all our staff and premises.
- Establishing challenging health and safety objectives both for the company and for its managers, and monitoring progress against those objectives. Individual health and safety objectives will not be compromised for other business objectives.
- Co-operating fully with all parties with which we interface.
- Providing adequate training and resources to enable the company and individuals to discharge their general health and safety responsibilities.
- Complying with the Railway Group Safety Plan and aligning with Network Rail’s Policy statements.
- Complying with all QUENCH & LUL standards and requirements.
- Being committed to Network Rail LUL licensing requirements where applicable.
It is only by the wholehearted commitment of all who work in the company that our objectives can be realised.